Nordic survey about grilling
AGA in Norway, Finland and Sweden conducted a survey in each country (together with research company InFact) about people’s attitudes towards grilling, knowledge about propane and safety.
3 027 respondents answered various regarding propane, grilling and safety in the period of 28. April – 3. May.
Results were interesting:
- 1.004 respondents from Norway
- 1.017 respondents from Sweden
- 1.006 respondents from Finland
- Swedes are the most democratic in the Nordics: Who’s in charge on the grill at your house?
An astounding 62% of the Swedes are saying that both men and women share on using the grill at home. Whilst more than 45% of the respondents in Norway and Finland says the man are in charge.
- Most Scandinavians use propane on their grill.
Although again, the Swedes stand out: 11% of Swedes use propane in their caravan
21% of the Finns and 18% of the Norwegians use propane in their cabins.
- Scandinavians have great knowledge when it comes to propane safety.
When asked about the “Propane safety rules”, most people answered correctly on the alternatives pointed out to them.
- Most Scandinavians are also checking their propane equipment regularly.
76% of the Finns, 66% of the Swedes and 69% of the Norwegians check their equipment at least once a year. (Can be put together with previous point on propane safety)
However, 12% of the Swedes claim they check their equipment, less than every other year. (7% of Swedes also claim they never check their equipment – compared to 5% of Norwegians and 3% of the Finns)